I hear this a lot. Why even attempt to start a blog in 2019? Everyone is blogging so you can’t make it big anymore. There is no point.
I’m here to tell you, you can start a successful blog in 2019! Blogging is still so new and it’s growing all the time! Brands and marketing teams are getting even more familiar with working with influencers, and there is a ton of room to grow as your own blogging business! 2019 is the perfect time to start a blog, and to grow it as slow or as fast as you want it to grow!
Here are my reasons why it’s a great time to start a blog in 2019.
- The industry is still so new, and nothing is set and concrete as far as industry standard. There are so many bloggers out there that break new glass ceilings everyday, so why can’t you do something like that!
- Creativity on social media will always be popular. Being creative and sharing what you love will always attract people on the internet. People love to read, learn, and connect with others, so a blog is a great way to do that.
- Social media lacks authenticity, so being authentic on your own space in the internet will show growth. A blog is a great way to share your thoughts, hobbies, passions, and what you stand for. It’s also a place where people are fake. In 2019, people are seeing past the influencer BS and sticking with the authentic and real people. By starting a blog that’s real and authentic, you will find that people LOVE what you share!
- Brands are seeing the value of working with influencers, which means that you can start a legitimate business building a blog and working with brands! One of my favorite things about blogging is getting to work with brands I love! And also getting paid to do it! Brands more than ever are using this as one of their market strategies, and are also working with micro-influencers even more than ever! But remember to work with brands you stand by!
- There are many ways to share what you love online, but the most authentic and easy way to do it is through a website! You own this space and you can make it whatever you want! Other social platforms don’t offer that level of complete control.
Here are my best tips for starting your blogging journey in 2019!
- Research the best strategies on websites like Pinterest, Youtube and Google! You can even check out some of my blogging content right here! Everything you need and want to learn about blogging can be found on the internet for FREE! Teach yourself the ins and outs, and learn as you grow!
- Try to collaborate! When I started my blog, I tried to meet other small bloggers in my niche and make friends with them. That way you have a support system and blogging friends! Now you can just message them right on Instagram! You can always start a fun group chat and support each other by reading, liking and commenting! Collaboration is a GREAT growth strategy for everyone involved!
- You can start making money right away as a blogger! You don’t have to wait until a certain amount of followers to start making it a side hustle. You can always contact brands for collaboration (I message them on Instagram or look for their PR contact on google) and see if they work with bloggers. You can also collaborate with small shop owners as well!
- Start your blog off right, and start a self-hosted blog on WordPress. Check out my post on why I eventually was led to this option Here.
- Write about what you are passionate about! People can see right through the BS online, so they will be able to tell right away if you are just trying to make a quick buck. If you are authentic and share your passions, you will grow!
- Don’t give up! Starting any small business takes time, energy, and a little bit of money. Don’t be afraid of this! Everyone with large companies these days had to start somewhere! That can be your journey too! Persevere and don’t give up on yourself!
If you are interested in joining my FREE social media training group on Facebook, Click here! I do free training’s for Girl Bosses on social media strategy! Don’t miss it!
I hope you have seen some great reasons to start a blog in 2019! Blogging is an exciting industry to be in, and it’s fun to grow with the industry! I challenge you to avoid listening to the negative people out there saying you couldn’t ever make it in the industry. The fact of the matter is, there is only one you, so you will always be unique! So share that and make a business you are proud of!
If you enjoyed this post, be sure to check out my other posts about the business of blogging in my Blogging 101 section!
Don’t forget to say hi to me on Instagram!