We’ve all probably heard about it. We’ve probably all seen some kind of advertisement about it. But what IS collagen?
Collagen is a protein found in our bodies. The most abundant protein actually (especially type 1 collagen). It’s found in our muscles, bones, skin, blood vessels, digestive system and tendons! It’s what helps give our skin strength and elasticity, along with replacing dead skin cells. When it comes to our joins and tendons, in simplest terms, it’s the “glue” that helps hold the body together.
I have some bad news for ya’ll. Our body’s collagen production naturally begins to slow down as we age. We can thank this degenerative process for signs of aging, such as wrinkles, skin sagging, and joint pains. Our collagen production takes a nose dive around the age of 25. 👎👎
BUT THERE IS HOPE!!! We can increase our collagen levels both by diet and topical application! Hallelujah! 🙌🙌
But How Do I Stimulate Collagen?
You can stimulate the production of collagen two different ways: by consuming collagen supplements (high quality, hydrolyzed) or foods rich in Vitamin C, AND by applying collagen stimulating peptides (aka proteins) to the skin to rebuild the collagen matrix. Check out the list of foods below that can boost collagen naturally!
Want another way to stimulate collagen? Facial massage is an easy way and is FREE! Massage can stimulate collagen production and strengthen muscle memory. Facial muscles are crucial to the way we look! With regular stimulation, you can lift, tone and tighten the skin! Plus you will boost blood circulation and collagen production! Bonus: you can use facial rollers to stimulate collagen production and improve circulation! There are also benefits based on which stone you use! I freaking LOVE facial rollers!
Did you know you could be damaging your face while you sleep?
But, did you know that your pillow can actually be harming your skin?! So after all that hard work of eating the right foods and using the right skincare, you can STILL be causing damage when you sleep! Here are 5 ways your pillow can harm your skin and hair while you sleep:
- It’s clogging your pores! When it comes to absorbing bacteria, oils, old makeup, sweat, drool, hair products and all the other human gunk on you, your pillow is like a sponge!
- It’s accelerating the appearance of aging! Basically, gravity is smashing your face into your pillow which results in sleep wrinkles and creases.
- It’s making your night time skin routine useless! If you lay on your pillow within 30 minutes of applying your night time skin care, your pillow is absorbing a lot of your product.
- It’s causing irritation! If you wake up with red, itchy, irritated skin, it could be because of your pillow material or detergent.
- It’s destroying your hair! The average pillowcase grabs onto your hair and holds on, causing breakage and damage.
Want to combat this?!? (I know I do 🙋♀️).
-Change to a silk pillow case, like this one from Amazon ( $22.99 and rated 4.5 stars! http://bit.ly/2SJuhYl).
– Flip your pillow case on night two and change it on night three – you might want to have 2-3 pillow cases to make this easier!
– Use Senegence Collagen Night Pak, a break through sleep treatment that harnesses the power of marine based collagen, caffeine and our patented Seneplex Complex to create a veil over the skin that stimulates rebuilding of the collagen matrix, locks in your evening skincare routine, and creates a cushion between your skin and the environment (and don’t forget to apply to your chest!).
Read this article about how pillows can affect your skin here: https://www.annmariegianni.com/5-ways-your-pillow-could-be…/
Enter My Secret Weapon: Collagen Night Pak
Ok let’s take a pause for a shameless product plug because the more I get to know about Collagen, the more I understand why our Collagen Night Pak is a freakin’ miracle product! 😍
- Has rich, natural, plant based (we are vegan and cruelty free) marine collagen that will help improve skin regeneration, stabilize and maintain moisture levels and helps rebuild the skin’s collagen matrix during sleep!
- Can aid in delaying the aging process by intensifying skin’s elasticity and working to visibly reduce wrinkles.
- Creates a cushion like butter that helps decrease folds caused by surface pressure (don’t forget to apply this in between your boobs!).
- Acts as a light mask to prevent the loss of beneficial ingredients of your skin care routine.
- Helps rebuild and strengthen your skin’s natural collagen matrix to reveal healthy, younger looking skin in the morning!
- Bonus tip: Put the Collagen Night Pak on your lips during morning and night time skin care routines! This will plump your lips up!
Are you a little freaked out by the learning about collagen, and the simple ways we are damaging our skin each day (sun, sleeping, pillows, natural processes, dehydration, medical issues, etc)? Good news, you can try Collagen Night Pak risk free for 12 months! YES!!! To take advantage of this, just get in contact with me through email (email@example.com) or DM me on Instagram (@dressingdallas). I’ll hook you up!!
Also, for Dressing Dallas readers, you can grab this fun bundle from me to make it easy to start caring for your skin!! This bundle has my favorite collagen product, collagen night pak, as well as my go-to lip balm, and a super cute silk pillow case! If you want to grab this bundle, send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org! PS: If you want to grab any of these products mentioned without grabbing the bundle, just head to my Beauty Website to check out! Or email me to send you an invoice!
Did you like learning all about Collagen and why we NEED it in our lives! I LOVE teaching all about skincare and beauty, and I do a lot of classes for free on Facebook and Instagram! If you want to tune in for the next one, be sure to like my Facebook page, join my Facebook group, and follow along on Instagram!