I’ve always turn into an extreme optimist around this time of year. The idea of having a brand new year to make something new and improved of myself is just the best!
I’m not going to lie to you, this past year hasn’t been one of my favorites. I’ve had a lot of bad and stressful things happen, but also a lot of good things. I’m going to work my butt off in 2015 to make it great though! I’ve decided to set some goals for my life and my blog for this next year, not only to keep myself motivated, but also to keep myself in check!
Here are my New Year’s Resolutions/ Blog Goals/Thoughts on How to Have a Really Awesome 2015:
- Actually work out everyday! I know everyone and their mom makes this goal, but I am DETERMINED to do it this year! I used to be so athletic and I loved working out, so I need to find that again!
- Work on my relationships more. I want to be the best wife, mother, sister, and friend this world has ever seen! I’m going to work on developing these relationships by staying in contact with more people (despite my crazy busy life) and checking in on my loved ones!
- Figure out what I want to do in the medical field. Do I want to stay in the lab forever? Do I want to go to medical school? Do I want to just stop? I don’t really know what I want to do yet, but I’m determined to figure it out this year! Time’s a wastin’!
- Be better organized! Seriously, you guys. I need to organize my life better! I ordered a Kate Spade planner for this recently, and I’m excited to use it! I want to plan out everything so I can really make sure my goals get accomplished!
- Save more money! I have a bad habit about spending the money that I earn. I swear, I have a never ending list of things I want to purchase…but I need to resist!! There are too many important things that require a lot of money (aka a house, grad school, cars, babies) and I need to work on keeping that money in da bank!
- Buy a house. Seriously, is anyone else sick of the rent race?! I also want to develop an awesome dream closet…but it’s hard when you are renting and the owners won’t let you do anything to that dang apartment.
- Create more professional relationships in the blogging world! I really want to branch out this year! I want to work with some more awesome brands and boutiques and really get my name out there!
- Design my Media Kit! I have been looking into doing this for a couple of months now, and I really need to get this done and send it out to companies! Media Kits are the best ways to get your numbers out there!
- Hold group giveaways every month! I really, really, REALLY love group giveaways. They are so fun to host AND it’s a great way to boost your blog numbers!
- Organize a blog promoting facebook group! I’ve joined some awesome facebook groups that are designed to promote each others blogs! It’s a great way to receive comments and social media shares, plus you share the love right back (which is always fun!). I want to start my own group and make it really great!
- Meet my blogging friends! Ok, so in the blogging world, you make a lot of online blogger friends! I think it would be really fun this year to meet some of them through blog conferences, or just trips! I also want to get together with all of the Dallas bloggers around here! There are so many fun bloggers all around me, and I love meeting new girlfriends!
- Develop my photography skills. I love photography! I have always wanted to shoot portraits of people for a side business. It just sounds like such a fun job for me! I want to learn everything having to do with the photography business! I also want to invest in some more expensive lenses…but this might interfere with goal number 5 haha!
- Become a free-lance makeup artist. I’ve always wanted to do this, and I have all the tools that I need! I really just need to make connections and business cards and get out there! I also want to start a blog series where I give people make-overs!
- Develop a few more blog series and be more consistent with youtube tutorials. My favorite thing about blogging is teaching and learning from other bloggers. I feel like I have a lot of skills that I can teach, and I want my readers to learn them! I want to do more youtube makeup tutorials and start a makeup 101 series on my blog. I also want to work on my hair skills and develop my fitness and health series more!
- More DIY tutorials! I love DIY, especially when it involved making your own clothes and accessories! I want to share my skills and develop really great tutorials for those that want to learn!
- Develop Style Me Monthly into Style Me Weekly! Remember Danielle, Maddy and my awesome link up that we do once a month?! Well we want to make it a weekly occurrence! Link ups are great ways to connect with other bloggers, and we love them!
- Become a better writer. I love taking pictures of my outfits, but I know sometimes it can get boring for some people (including me). My favorite blogs are a happy marriage of great photography, great tutorials, and get writing. I want my blog to be more like that!
- Become an expert at Photoshop and Illustrator. Seriously, these programs have so much involved in them! I really want to learn and become an expert in these programs, and then maybe teach it to others!
- Attend a blogging conference. I’ve always wanted to attend a conference for learning purposes and networking purposes! It also sounds like a freakin’ blast!
- Standardize everything to my blog. I’ve already got my social media matching my blog, but I’d like to develop some business cards, my media kit, and some other fun accessories to match everything that I do! I also think it would be fun to make a Dressing Dallas print to hang in my makeup area, because let’s face it…my blog design is freakin’ art!