This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MyUnique4 #CollectiveBias
Happy Thursday everybody!
Today I’m really excited to share with you a fun, creative post! One of my favorite things to do when I’m planning outfits, creating makeup looks, or creating D.I.Y. art is to pull inspiration from the world around me. It helps me to stay creative and to come up with something totally unique and fun! Today I thought I’d demonstrate how I do this with some fun, artistic bottles made by Coca-Cola! These fun glass bottles are called the Diet Coke “It’s Mine” bottles, and no two bottles are the same! Each bottle features a really cool design, which is the perfect muse for creating fun, colorful outfits! Today I grabbed two of my favorite designed bottles as inspiration for some fun Spring outfits, and I want to share with you exactly how you can gather inspiration of your own when putting together an outfit!
PS: These Diet Coke “It’s Mine” bottles are only available for a limited time, and if you buy 4 of these bottles in branded carriers, you receive a special 10% discount (and this is only offered at Target!).
Outfit #1: Color Pallet Inspiration
When I saw this Diet Coke “It’s Mine” bottle, I was immediately drawn to it because of the colors…which is why I chose to use it as my first outfit’s inspiration. Pulling colors from items that inspire you is probably the easiest way to come up with a fun outfit that is perfectly coordinated! Here are some tips for creating an outfit based on a color:
- When using an object’s color for inspiration, pull the colors that are similar. Think of your color wheel when you do this. You want to pick either colors that are close together on the color wheel (creating a monochromatic type look) or colors that are opposite (that are meant to compliment each other).
- Try to follow a specific color scheme within your object. Notice how on this bottle there are a bunch of different hues of pink and purple, but also some blues. I chose to just stick with the purple’s just so I made sure I didn’t over-do my outfit. You don’t want to make it too busy!
- Limit the amount of colors you chose to use in your outfit. You don’t want to use every single color of an object, because then your outfit will look too busy! Pick 2-3 colors that really stand out to you, and go from there!
- Don’t copy the item exactly! Remember this is your inspiration piece, not your copy/paste piece! I was inspired by the hues of purples and pinks, which is why I chose to add a couple of those colors into my outfit. Notice how the colors don’t match exactly with the bottle. Picking similar color schemes is always more fun!
Outfit #2: Using Texture and Patterns as Inspiration
For this outfit, I was inspired by the beautiful swirl pattern on the bottle. I also loved the colors that were used in this artist piece, so I decided to combine the two and come up with a fun, colorful outfit perfect for Spring! Here are some tips when using patterns and textures as inspiration.
- When looking at your item, try to find 1-2 patterns that you love, and find coordinating fabrics in your clothing. I decided to choose this sequin skirt as my “swirl” piece because of the pattern of the sequins. Notice how it’s not about color this time, it’s about the pattern!
- When using patterns and textures, try not to match the colors exactly. That will be overkill when you’re creating your outfit. The key is to draw 1-2 similar colors and 1-2 patterns to work with.
- If you are drawing some colors from your inspiration piece, make sure they are complimentary colors. This will help your pattern to pop and allow you to look put together. You don’t want your outfit to look too busy!
- If you don’t want to use any of the color from your object, pattern mix until your heart is content! There’s never anything wrong with mixing stripes, plaid, sequins and more! Just make sure the colors of those patterns are fairly similar!
I hope you enjoyed this fun post talking all about creating outfits from the world around you! Make sure you pick up your special 4 packs of Diet Coke “It’s Mine Bottles” at Target for that special 10% discount!