Welcome to Dressing Dallas, a lifestyle blog dedicated to all the things that make life a little sweeter! I’m Lauren, the blogger, publisher, and all around Girl Boss behind this space on the internet.
Dressing Dallas is about loving yourself, being creative, and finding inspiration from the world around you. Here you’ll find daily articles on fashion, beauty, photography, home decor projects and yummy recipes as I share fun tidbits from my life here in Dallas, TX.
I like to think of Dressing Dallas as a place where I share everything that I think makes life a little more fun. Just like on a salad, dressing kicks it up a notch. I mean, you wouldn’t be able to eat a salad without the dressing right?! Well, according to me, you can’t go through life without the things that make it exciting, and that’s what I like to share here. I’m constantly searching for the next thing to enrich my life, the next thing to learn, and the next thing to help me grow as a person, so why not share that with you!
Why did I start Dressing Dallas you ask? Well, simply put, I wanted to share what I love! And what better way to do so than to start a blog. I am very interested in taking pictures, editing with Photoshop, making Youtube tutorials, and many other aspects of blogging, so I thought it would be perfect! Dressing Dallas was born in 2014, but I’ve been blogging since 2008, and I’ve loved every second of it! There’s something special about networking with bloggers, sharing my life, and getting to work with amazing companies!
Fun Facts about Lauren and her blog:
- Favorite Color- I’m definitely on team teal!
- Favorite Food- Sushi!
- Spirit Animal: Definitely a cat. How great would it be to lay around all day and play with cat toys?!
- Favorite Pair of Shoes: My red bow Valentino’s!
- Favorite Movie(s): She’s the Man, Les Miserable (and the play too!), Sound of Music and The Artist
- Dream Vacation: Bora Bora (and staying in one of those cool over the water bungalows)
- Favorite TV Show(s): Empire, Grey’s Anatomy, Scandal, Gossip Girl, Downton Abby, Modern Family and Nashville.
- Favorite Emoji: Definitely the smiling poop! (If you say that’s not your favorite, then you’re totally fibbing!)
- Celebrity Crush: Gerard Butler and Benedict Cumberbatch
- Non-Blog Hobby: Working out, cake decorating and floral design! (but let’s be honest, those topics will probably end up on here soon!)
- Most Visited App- Definitely Instagram (and a close second is Snap Chat!)
- Guilty Pleasure: Online shopping and reality TV
Wanna Work Together? Visit my advertising pages for companies and for bloggers to see what services I provide and what my rates are. I love working with companies and bloggers!! You can also check out my Fohr card for all the juicy stats!
Want to get a glimpse of the readers favorites? Check out these posts 100+ Best Blogging Resources, Best of Beauty 2015, The Perfect Blue Dress for Fall, Best Pinterest Tips for Bloggers, Shades of Purple Outfit, and 5 Easy Hairstyles for Summer.
As part of my blog, I do a lot of shopping around to find the very best items and deals! Want to see what I’m currently wearing? Head to the Shop My Closet Page to check out all the awesome products I currently own (and am obsessed with!). Also, make sure to follow me on liketoknow.it for all my outfit details. You can also find links on every blog post containing where I got the items I’m using. More interested in my current makeup collection? Head to my Favorite Products page to see what I’m currently using in my makeup routine and for my clients!
You will come to find as you begin reading my little corner of the internet, that I’m sassy, quirky, and a little bit weird. I generally feel like an awkward preteen in an adult’s body, but that’s ok! I think it’s cool to be weird and nerdy! So if you’re like me, give out a big Hazaah! Also, I love to laugh, make jokes, and talk in my native language…sarcasm.
If you have any questions at all, be sure to visit my F.A.Q. page or get to get in touch with me, visit my Contact page! Also, if you’d like to receive emails from my blog (with juicy stuff like the latest updates on posts, freebies, giveaways and sales!), leave your email address HERE.
Thank you for stopping by and learning more about what makes Dressing Dallas tick. I hope you find happiness and inspiration from what I write! Make sure to follow me on Bloglovin’ for every post update, and follow me on Instagram and Snapchat (@dressingdallas) for a more behind-the-scenes look at my life and this blog!